Family and Marriage Visas

Are you worried about how to start your application for a family visa?

Immigration Attorney Group is here to assist you. There’s no better time than now to begin your immigration journey and move with your family to the United States.

Request a Case Evaluation772-333-8382
Family and Marriage Visas

Family visa – Overview

If you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, you can be the petitioner for certain family members to be able to come and live permanently in the United States legally. Some individuals who are eligible for family visas include spouse, children under 21 years old, parents of American citizens older than 21 years, and orphans from foreign countries who have been legally adopted either in or outside the U.S. You may be able to process your family visa applications from within the United States through Adjustment of Status or through a U.S. Embassy overseas through Consular Processing.

Family Visa Categories

Family and Marriage Visas

Consular Processing

If your family visa petition is processed through consular processing, then the principal applicant eligible for immigrant visa would apply at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate outside the United States, through the U.S. Department of State.
Our attorney and legal team will guide you on how to file an immigrant petition, whether you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident wishing to apply for an immigrant visa for your immediate family members.
After your application is accepted, and processed you will be scheduled for a consular visa interview. We will ensure your documentation process is accurate to increase the chances of securing your visa and immigrating to the US. Once approved, you will receive your immigrant visa before arriving in the US.

Family and Marriage Visas

Marriage visa

If you want to bring your husband or wife to live in the United States permanently, you are required to be an American citizen or a Green Card holder in order to apply for an immigrant visa through marriage. This visa category is also represented as either the CR-1 visa (also known as “conditional permanent residence”) or the IR-1 visa.
On one hand, the CR-1 visa is for people who intend to immigrate to the U.S. after marrying an American citizen in a foreign country. To qualify for the CR-1 visa, you must have been married to a U.S. citizen for less than two years.
On the other hand, the IR-1 visa is issued to people from other countries who have been married to a U.S. citizen for more than two years while in a foreign country.
For more details, please contact Attorney Immigration Group, and we will be happy to guide you throughout this visa process.

We always encourage applicants to ask any and all questions because family visa applications can be tricky and difficult. Immigration Attorney Group offers you an opportunity to get updated information, professional legal advice and support to apply for family visas suitable to your particular situation.

Family and Marriage Visas

Adjustment of Status

The U.S. immigration laws allow you to apply for adjustment of status (also known as Green Card process) if you are physically present in the United States. This means you don’t need to leave the country to apply from outside the U.S. Generally, through this process you may be able to apply for work and travel permits while your Adjustment or status application is processed by the USCIS. The Adjustment of status is open to students, tourists and skilled workers, among other individuals.
You are also eligible to apply for adjustment of status after marrying a U.S. citizen while you are on a visit visa. Visa processing time lasts for a few months.

Family and Marriage Visas

K visa category “Fiancee visas”

The K-1 and K-2 visas are granted after a U.S. citizen files a petition with USCIS to request for his or her fiancee, and dependents, to be allowed to enter the U.S. with the intention to get married within 90 days after arrival.

After securing your K-1 visa approval, you are expected to legally marry your U.S. citizen spouse within ninety days. Your foreign fiancé(e) will then be scheduled for a consular interview in his or her country, and the U.S. Consulate expects you to provide sufficient proof to confirm your relationship with the U.S. Citizen spouse. With our assistance, your application process can be adequately prepared to avoid errors that can cause processing delays.
The K-3 visa is for people who have married a U.S. citizen outside the United States. This visa also requires the U.S. citizen to file a petition with USCIS requesting for his or her married “Fiancee” to come to the USA as a non-immigrant, while waiting for USCIS to make a decision on the immigrant family petition through Form I-130.

This visa category involves legal paperwork, with lots of legal terms that can be confusing. At Attorney Immigration Group, we can assist you processing such paperwork correctly. We understand this process can be confusing, and that is why we are here to guide every step of the way. You are welcomed to send us information about your immigration plans for a Family visa. Let us help you prepare and process it professionally and quickly, while providing you with available visa options to carefully select the right Family visa before applying.

immigration professionals

Let us know how can we help you, we'll do our best

Talk to us! We promise we can help you. Call Now  772-333-8382